Thursday, August 26, 2004

Exhilarating Athletics.

I can’t believe that Allen Johnson didn’t make it past the second round. That is crazy!!

I look forward to the 800m men’s final. South Africans can get more than one medal because we have two super 800m runners.

The 10000m men’s final was probably the most impressive race that I have ever seen. Bekele is indisputably one of the greatest 10k runners ever.

He showed a lot of class in that race as has become his custom.


Hicham El Guerrouj was such a worthy champ.
This man has been dominating the 1500m for so long and still appreciates the magnificence of winning an Olympic gold medal. I wish a few sprinters and swimmers can take a few notes from this great champion. I really look forward to seeing El Guerrouj and Bekele in the same 5000m final. I believe that this will be one of the most exhilarating 5000m finals ever. Glad I’m not a book maker for that race.

The Steeple chase was also quite impressive. Especially for us South Africans that have to put up with only seeing good athletics once in 4 years when the SABC feels like broadcasting something worthwhile, the Olympics.
Previous Olympics was covered but not quite as well at this Olympics and other than Olympics we normally don't get good athletics. They don't broadcast things like the Golden League.

3 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger Valkyrie said...

Hey - I see we are both Olympic 'bloggers' and commenters! I am really enjoying them. Of course especially when you see performances like Anky/Salinero! What did you think of the x country course?

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Johan Jordaan said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Johan Jordaan said...

I'm a bit of a busy bee at the moment. I haven't seen the course. Even if I have, I'm a layman when it comes to the technical side of equestrian sport. I love looking at the animals and I love to ride, but I'm not too clued up on the technical side. So what I think about the course if I saw it would probably be dangerous to repeat. I can spot a good horse, but I love them all, even if they’re below par.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home