Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Most Basic Principles of Training - Part 2

In part 1 I set out a complete training program for middle distance running. (Do Not Try at Home Without Consulting a Health Professional) and I end it all off with asking how cycling works. The answer is, "just like running". The middle distance training program is based in a few principles that are rather complex but basically the same for all endurance type sports, so I decided to apply these to cycling. Obviously I didn’t do all that since part 1, I started this process about 3 months ago. The results are as expected very pleasing. I have reached a much higher level of cycling within the first 3 months. Due to the fact that I’m really new to cycling I decided to cut out phase 4 and 5 and immediately start a second round of base training. By not going through phase 4 and 5 I will avoid a peak, but also avoid the fatigue associated with speed work and build a solid base from which I will be able to benefit much more once I actually get around to phase 4 and 5 in another 3 months from now.


I'm not publishing my cycling training program here for 2 reason.
1. It's really in my head and I'm managing it by really listening to my body
2. The distances I'm doing is rather small compared to what a seriuos cyclist would do because this is just my hobby and like I said I'm very new to cycling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home