Monday, October 31, 2005

Polar S720i

I just purchased a new Polar s720i watch. It can measure a bunch of things, including Heart Rate, Altitude, Temperature, Speed (it has a sensor that attaches to your bike), Cadence (optional extra sensor which I didn’t buy), Power Output (another optional extra which I didn’t buy because it costs R3500) and Calories burned. It can not only measure all that, but it can record 11 hours worth of info measured at 5 seconds intervals.

Starting tomorrow morning I’ll be training much more scientifically. And as proof of that, I’ll start posting each week’s workouts (a graph containing all the info) on my blog on Fridays.

1 Comments:

At 2:22 AM, Blogger Dirt - LPBME said...

Rolled onto your blog by accident. Sounds like you are just getting to know your 720. I have been using mine for about 2.5 years and love the data that I get. The heart rate has been a little enlightening for me as I have a higher than typical max (198 bpm). I'll check back to see how its going.
FYI - The guys that I ride with have been keeping a blog on cycling for more than a year and it has proved to be a lot of fun. bansheecycling.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home